Thursday, December 22, 2011

DAY ONE: Dublin to Killiney, Co Dublin

Me outside the Shelbourne Hotel, St Stephen's Green, Dublin.

I decided to take a tour of St Stephen's Green to get my leg underneath me.

Beautiful Park Lake.


On the open Donnybrook Road, Donnybrook.

I decided to take a last minute detour to Rock Hill, Blackrock. Family rumour has it that some members moved here after leaving Donegal.

Idrone Terrace, Blackrock.

Idrone Terrace, Blackrock, looking out to the Irish Sea.

Grey bliss.

Brighton Vale, Seapoint

Good to know that these monstrosities are all around the world.  Seapoint Avenue, Seapoint.

Harbour Road, Dun Laoghaire, looking out towards the marina.

Sandycove Avenue West, Dun Laoghaire.

I stumbled across Dalkey Castle, Castle Street, Dalkey, trying to find my way through the maze of old streets.

Dalkey Castle, Castle Street, Dalkey

Castle Street, Dalkey is unbelievably narrow!

Collemore Road, Dalkey Commons.

Collemore Road, Dalkey Commons.

Onto Vico Road to make my way up into the kills, Dalkey Commons.

Still on Vic Road, looking back at Dalkey Commons.

High up on Vico Road, Scalpwilliam.

My bed for the night: Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, Killiney Hill Road, Killiney.

No comments:

Post a Comment